I’ve been “tagged”. Last week, Megan @ The Detoxinista passed along this little game to me. I usually ignore these sorts of things but I had so much fun reading hers I thought, why not? So first, a yummy hot tea recipe, and then a moment of self-indulgence that you can choose to ignore if you have better things to do with your weekend
Ginger Chocolate Tea:
1- 1 1/2 cups water
1 thumb-sized knob ginger
2 Tbsp cacao nibs
NuNaturals stevia, to taste
Chop ginger into chunks and place into mug with cacao nibs. Bring water to a boil and pour over ginger-cacao mixture. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Strain through a nut milk bag and sweeten the remaining liquid.
11 Random Things About Myself
1. I always thought that people who dressed their pets were completely obnoxious…and then I got a hairless cat…
2. I went to an arts university for a year and majored in Vocal Performance. Money got in the way and I didn’t get to complete my degree. Soooo I’m a Flight Attendant.
3. Last year, my New Years resolution was to quite reading celebrity gossip on the airplane. This year it was not to make any resolutions.
4. Once a year I eat an entire watermelon in one sitting. The massive kind.
5. I have been to all 50 states.
6. At some point I want to start growing a food forest. And then have goats, and chickens, and bees.
7. My mom taught me to read when I was three and I’ve been an obsessive little bookworm ever since.
8. I grew up on an island in Alaska.
9. My tattoo collection is ever growing. I thought my last piece would tide me over for awhile…but I’m already scheduled again for April
10. My lady and I were long-distance for 2 1/2 years until she (finally!) moved to Seattle this Fall <3
11. I am extraordinarily introverted, I'm happy to spend more time by myself than anyone I know.
11 Questions I had to answer:
What’s the meal you eat most often?
A massive salad with goat cheese!
What’s your favorite movie of all time?
That’s such a hard question but my longest loved movie is probably Anne of Green Gables
What made you want to start a blog?
I was making such delicious food every day I felt bad that the world was missing out
Do you have any pets?
Just the above-mentioned hairless feline
What’s your favorite workout?
Yoga or jumping on my rebounder
Name one thing on your “bucket list.”
Take Natalia Rose’s Advanced Detox Certification Training
Name one “weird” thing that you do.
I wear footie pajamas!
Your favorite city/place to visit?
Probably San Francisco
Anywhere you still dream of visiting?
Best purchase you’ve ever made?
My home colonic unit
What’s the one thing you would change in the world, if you could?
We would all grow food forests!
11 People I Tag (you know… if you want )
Megan and Whitney @ What Wegan Did Next
Sarah @ Queer Vegan Food
Katie @ Chocolate Covered Katie
Lola @ Ooh Lola!
Courtney @ Spirulina Junkie
Diana @ Eat to Evolve
Britanie @ Bella Mode
Jess @ Cupcakes and Kale
Emily @ Emily Eats
Jennifer and Jaclyn @ Sketch-Free Vegan
Heather @ Universal Eater
Rules For Play:
1. Post 11 Random Things About Yourself
2. Answer these 11 Random Questions:
1. What is your favorite reason for blogging?
2. What is one food that you wish were healthy?
3. If you could live anywhere else, where would it be?
4. What is the most life-changing book you’ve ever read?
5. Who is one person you would love to meet?
6. What would be your dream job?
7. Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
8. Do you consider yourself to be religious or spiritual at all?
9. Does your diet have a label: vegan, vegetarian, flexitarian, etc?
10. What did you dress up as the last time you dressed up for Halloween?
11. What is the cause you feel most passionately about?
3. Tag 11 people to play, and post 11 new questions for them to answer!
P.S. I was featured on Ooh Lola! today answering my Questions for a Cleanser! Go check it out and you’ll also find a great recipe for Sweet Potato Sushi!!