I’m over two weeks into this majorly fruity lifestyle now so I thought it was time for an update. I can honestly say…I’m loving it more all the time. I’ve fallen into eating this way so easily and I’m starting to have a hard time imagining giving it up. Here is a list of the ups, downs and oddities I’ve noticed lately:
1. I have NO chocolate cravings. In fact, chocolate sounds quite disgusting. It’s true.
2. I’m not thinking about salt and cheese all the time like I was during the first week. Things like celery and lettuce are starting to taste divinely savory.
3. Toxic treats that I could once get away with are not treating my so nicely. My one “slip-up” was half a glass of wine one night and I spent the next day feeling so “off” that it doesn’t even seem tempting anymore.
4. My moods feel so steady and dependable- I don’t worry about feeling like I can’t handle a rough work day or too many social situations (major introvert here) or needing to eat junk food to get through them.
5. My energy for working out is plentiful. Caffeine is the furthest thing from my mind.
6. I don’t feel bloated but I do feel “puffy” if that makes sense. I see it in my face and my clothes are a little tight. I hear this is normal at first. It reminds me of when I initially got into clean eating and detox, I spent a good deal of time feeling really puffy but it eventually went away. I kinda feel like I’ve started all over again but it’s way more fun this time.
7. I have to use the bathroom WAY more than usual. It makes road trips interesting.
8. I’m feeling like I can just get on with my life instead of worrying about food all the time. This is HUGE. Huge.
I’m feeling so good that there is absolutely no sadness whatsoever about not making a traditional (or what I would have considered traditional) Christmas feast. I do have some fun treats planned though, I will share here soon!